Table of Contents
Altair Aerial Blackhawk Detailed Review – Have you ever wondered about what makes Altair Aerial Blackhawk stands out from the rest of the quadcopters on Amazon?
Surprisingly Low Price maybe?
There are plenty of GoPro compatible drones out there in the market, but the US-based Altair Aerial company has equipped this Blackhawk drone with some extraordinary features. This long-range drone by Altair Ariel BlackHawk is one of the perfect players in the budget drone market. Therefore, if you are in search of a drone without camera or a drone compatible with GoPro and other action cameras, then you have landed at the right place.
Without further delay, let us walk you through the Altair Aerial Blackhawk drone review to know more about its amazing features, specifications, & compatibility with action cameras.
- Action Camera / GoPro 3 & 4 Compatible
- 17 Minutes Flight Time
- Around 500 Meters Range
- Powerful Brushless Motor
- Heavy-Duty Metal Body
- Multiple Speed Modes
Altair Aerial Blackhawk Specifications
|15 – 17 minutes
|3 – 4 hours
|300 – 500 meters
|13.9 x 12.9 x 6.2 inches
What Is In The Box
- Altair Aerial BlackHawk Quadcopter
- Transmitter (Remote Controller)
- 7.4v 1800mAh Li-po Battery
- Battery Charger
- Propeller Guards x 4
- Propeller Blades x 4
- Landing Gear
- Action Camera Mount
- Tools & Screws
- User Manual – Instructions to use Blackhawk drone
Let’s take this Altair Aerial Blackhawk drone review in depth by covering it in detail.
Appealing Aerodynamic Design
Altair Ariel BlackHawk is one of the most outstanding drones for 100 bucks in the market. The metallic body of the drone is olive green in color, while all the other exterior parts are black. So, the combination of green and black leaves an impactful impression and make it an eye-catching quadcopter.
Its heavy-duty construction enables it to fly even smoothly & freely without being distracted by the wind. No doubt that it’s enduring and thick ABS material makes it furthermore resistant. Unlike the plastic drones, the metal body of the Altair Blackhawk drone blesses it with enhanced stability, durability, and less likely to get broken.
Blackhawk’s aerodynamic design features a smooth curve that makes its gliding through the air more comfortable and quicker, along with other adjustable and detachable parts that are easy to remove as per the needs. Furthermore, it’s brushless motor is quiet yet so powerful that it can fly for about 17 minutes at a fantastic speed that it feels like a racing drone.
GoPro Compatible Drone
Have you ever craved for 4k flying results that are not possible with the inbuilt cameras?
Unlike most of the quadcopters, this Altair Aerial drone doesn’t have any inbuilt camera. However, it features an action camera mount to carry GoPro Hero 3 and 4. This Blackhawk drone gives you a massive advantage as with the GoPro, the quality will be much better than the regular 720p drone camera.
Unfortunately, due to the available camera mount’s size, GoPro Hero 5 or Hero 6 are not compatible. But you can use any action camera that’s compatible with that dimension (41mm x 59mm x 30 mm). Hence, the Blackhawk drone will be the right choice if you own a GoPro or any action camera.
Remote Controller & Battery
The drone comes with a transmitter (remote controller) that looks so basic, but it is pretty simple and very well labeled. It contains all essential buttons for controlling and trimming the drone. This simple remote control is user-friendly, and also a first-time flyer may run it with no hassle.
The Altair Ariel Blackhawk has been powered by a 7.4v 1800mAh LiPo battery, which provides an outstanding flight time of about 17 minutes & juice to a drone which prices so less. Besides, the batteries are removable, which means that you can buy extra batteries just in case.
Features Of Altair Aerial Blackhawk
- Surprising low price – Altair has dedicated itself to provide high-quality aerial photography and videos to surprise the customers. They are selling their Blackhawk masterpiece at an amazingly low price of $99.80. Check the latest price on Amazon
- Amazing battery life – One of the most important factors all drone pilots consider is the battery time of their quadcopter. Its extended flight time of 15-17 minutes with a long flight range of around 500 meters is impressive. As a result, you can fly for sufficient time to get those perfect shots and footages.
- Multiple speed levels – It offers various speed levels that enable you to enjoy as per your experience. You will find an option of low speed if you are a newbie in the flying worlds. However, advanced speed levels can satisfy your thirst if you are an experienced user.
- Six-Axis gyros & 360-flips – The six-axis gyroscope allows you to move your quadcopter in any direction without any hassle. It ensures flawless, smooth flights in windy conditions, and also it is easy to perform stunts and 360 flips.
- Additional protection – The built-in Automatic-Lock feature is the extra layer of protection that helps you to avoid chances of burnouts because of deadlock. Furthermore, Blackhawk comes with four propeller guards that can absorb the shock effectively.
We understand that you have to weigh up all the Pros and Cons of this Altair Aerial Blackhawk Drone before you make a decision. Therefore, without any further delay, let’s get dive into its Pros and Cons.
- Long operating range of about 500 meters.
- High-quality metal & durable built
- Easy to use transmitter (remote controller) with properly labeled buttons
- Multiple speed modes, for all level users.
- Ideal for vloggers & travelers as it can be easily assembled and dismantled.
- Powerful battery to ensure the flying time of 15-17 minutes
- Camera mount for GoPro (action camera)
- Easy to perform 360-degree flips & stunts
- Extra propellers (Free)
- Excellent customer service
- It doesn’t come with a built-in camera. Therefore, it demands an additional purchase.
- Attaching GoPro & action cameras can add weight to the drone, thus affecting battery life in the long term.
- No Headless Mode
Verdict For Altair Aerial Blackhawk Review
In a nutshell, Altair Blackhawk is ideal for travelers and vloggers, as it is easy to dismantle and carry without any hassle. Moreover, it is compatible with the GoPro (best action camera), that can help you enjoy your flying journey and capture those best moments as pictures and videos.
Altair Aerial Blackhawk has so much to offer and can take your flying experience to the next level. Because of its multi-speed options, it is easy to control and highly suitable drone for both newbies and experienced flyers. Furthermore, it is a cheap & best long range drone for 100 dollars.
At this price tag with all the mentioned features, it is the best long-range drone available. I highly recommend you choose Altair Aerial Blackhawk, and you won’t regret your choice.
Check out more amazing drones that you can consider buying for less than 200 dollars.
If you find this review of Altair Aerial Blackhawk helpful, please share it with other drone hobbyists just like you and me. Feel free to leave your feedback or questions below.